Wednesday, May 5, 2010

My incredible weekend!

Ok so here goes... the story of my incredible weekend!

Well here is the beginning of the weekend if you haven't already read it.

So, after I posted my last post I went to pick up my dearest hubster from his dorms. We packed up his car with three of his friends and myself and went to Buffalo Wild Wings. I started off with my (wimpy) drink of malibu and pineapple juice (which I like because it doesn't taste like alcohol) and the hubster started off with two shots and a water. He's crazy! Then after he downed his first two shots he asked for two more! I know I know... like I said he is crazy. Well I had another drink and we ordered some bonless buffalo wings and I cant remember if he got more shots or not. Well at 1am we ordered a shot for both of us (that I told him about because it is a shot that will knock you on your butt), but the waitress told us that they stop serving tall beers and shots at 1am. How lame is lame? So we didnt get anymore shots. Well we ended off the night with my 5 drinks and his 4+ shots (cant remember what his number of shots was). It was a fun night there. Well after we closed our tab and left we dropped everyone off and went back to the hotel room and (enter your own thoughts here) and then that was the end of the night.

Saturday we woke up and went to a duck park. It was so much fun watching all the duckies and geese. Well not the geese... they freaked me out and I ran from them. The hubster was being the brave man that he is and keot feedng them bread while I booked it. I decided this was a good time for picture taking!


Here is one of him literally feeding a duck out of his hand! I told you he was crazy!


He was soo adorable. He was having so much fun feeding them and I was having so much fun just watching him. He makes me smile like no one else can. He is so caring. I just cant get enough of him. Ok, after the duck pong we went to eat at Chili's. I had agrat salad with pineapple, dried cherries, and red peppers with a good dressing. He had chicken quesadilla's. After that we went to the mall (in the same parking lot of Chili's) so I could get some new flip flops because for some reason I cant find mine. After that we went to hastings and bought like 8 dvds. So we went back to the room and cuddled for 4 straigh dvds. It was my favorite night together the whole weekend. We ordered pizza and kept watching movies. It was so much fun and romantic and awesome because we got to spend time together just the two of us. I got to hold his hand and kis him whenever I wanted to. It was the best!!

When we woke up on sunday... oh wait... I think we went to the duck pond on sunday not saturday. I cant remember for sure. But anyways, Sunday we went to the movies to see Death at a Funeral. It was really funny and we were cracking up the whole time. He probably hates watching movies with me because I have a comment for everything! But, again, I got to hold his hand and kiss him whenever I wanted so I was in heaven! Before the movie we had lunch at McAllister's because I REALLY miss that place! He had a chicken something something panini and I have brocolli cheddar soup in a bread bowl and there totally awesome sweet tea (I normally only like black tea no sugar or lemon). It was great! After that and the movie we headed back so he could clean up his room and go to his GI party. Then he came back to my room for a while and we watched another movie... and held hands and exchanged the best kisses once again! Then he had to go back to base because it was sunday night and he has curfew. It was a hard night for both of us. I cried (which I have not done yet... and I thought I was a mean, abnormal, cold hearted person) and he felt so bad that he couldnt be there with me. I sucked it up for him and stop crying long enough to have a conversation before we finally said goodnight. Then the flood gates were wide open until I finally drifted off the sleep. I slept suprisingly well for him not being next to me.

Monday morning came WAY too fast! He had PT but it got cut short because of the rain! :) I was happy because that meant we got any extra hour to spend time together. Well I finished packing and checked out and we headed out for lunch/breakfast. He wanted Texas Roadhouse but they weren't open so we found Carino's instead. It was nice and quite... at 11:30 am. So we got to talk and hold hands across the table and eat and then the crowd came pouring in. By that time it was time to leave. He took me to the airport and we sat in the car for about 30 minutes before he had to leave and go back to work. He was hugging me... and I started balling my eyes out. I couldnt help it. I didnt want to go. I didnt want to leave him. I didnt want to not see his face everyday. It was bad! He had never seen me really cry like that. Usually when I drop him off I can stay strong until he is out of sight and then cry a little. But this time was different. We had such a great weekend that stregthened us so much and now it was all over. I had to ask myself, "why do good things always have to come to an end?" Well, because that is life! It makes us stonger. The next time I see him will be even better I bet.

Well then he actually dropped me off at the front of the airport and We huged and kissed and I would not let him go! Well when he finally pried my figers off of him I walked into the airport... I couldnt look back or I would start crying again. Well then there was this older man sitting outside and he said to me "Saying goodbye is always hard" so of course I started crying again!

Ok I know this is getting long but just wait a little longer... the funny part is coming up I promise.

Well after my tears and make up running down my face... Its time to go through security and wait at my gate. Well going through security was fine... until I forgot to take my shoes off and the guy told me I had to so I held up the rest of the line a little big. Then, I get through security and I am waiting by the entrance and I hear the first lady off the plane say "Oh I thought I was gonna be sick on the plane" Then a couple ppl later I hear some lady tell another lady that was on my flight that the ride was horrible! Im thinking to myself... "Oh great... just what I need is a crappy flight!" Well I get on the plane and it had freaking propellars!! This is gonna suck! Ok so halfway through the tiny 1 hour flight my stomach is doing somersaults and I am not feeling too well. My head is gonna explode and my tummy hurts! Ok, finally we land and I am like running off this plane! I get to my next gate for my last flight and everything looks good! Its a nice big plane... everything is on time. We board the plane and all ready and BAAAMMM... The PILOT gets on the intercom thingy to tell us that we arent cleared to leave because there are 35 mph winds. Well then we are cleared to leave but only 2 of the 5 ramps are open and we are in line to leave after 58 other planes! Now its our turn to finally leave because the 58 other planes are gone. And BAAAAMMM it starts pouring and lightning is only 3 miles from the airport. So once again... we are not cleared for take off! Well finally two hours later than our original departure time we are able to finally leave. The good news is that the last flight was a good flight... no tummy somersaults or head explosions! I made it home safe... had some good mexican food with the gparents on the way home and finally got home. Oh and I forgot to tell you... My brother went into surgery monday morning at like 6am because he was in the ER on sunday starting at 930 and he needed an appendicitis or whatever... so he no longer has one of those things. It didnt burst so that is good but now he had 3 extra holes in his tummy! But surgery went well, he came home this morning, and is home all week from school. Bad news is that he is of baseball for the rest of the season. :( But I will still go watch the team play.

Well now it is Tuesday and I still miss my hubster more than ever! I am trying not to get too cranky about it because my sis and her friend are throwing my bridal shower this saturday so I have lots of cleaning to do this week.

All in all... a great weekend and couldnt have asked for anything more... except a better flight exprience on the way home... but I will take what I can get! It was worth it to spend the weekend I had with the hubster! I would have walked through snow and hail to be with him! Ok maybe not really because that is a super long walk but ya know what I mean!

Hope ya all enjoyed!



Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Stay strong! The goodbyes don't get easier but the recovery time from them does :D And remember you have a massive support system out there that know EXACTLY how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a wonderful weekend,minus the flight delay and bumpy ride(smile)i am glad your brother's doing well and wish him a speddy recovery. before you know it you'll both be together. enjoy your bridal shower this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had an incredible time! Goodbyes are the hardest part but you have so much support around you!!

    ♥ Mrs. S.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for your kind comments! Well hopefully I have some good news to post on here a little later so my goodbye wont be as long as I thought! Will keep you updated as soon as I get a call from the hubster! :)

    ReplyDelete