Ok ya'll we went to the best home furnishing store ever yesterday... IKEA! Yes it is way cheaper than most places and that is why I love it. We went to go shopping for a new mattress because I just cant deal with his knees in my back every morning. :) (I love you baby!) Well when we got there we were planning on the cool foamy mattresses that everyone talks about. We tried out a couple of those which turned out to be like rock hard slab of concrete. So we went on over to the old school spring mattresses and fell in LOVE with one! Sorry foamy mattresses but you sucked! SO we tried out one that was the firmest one and loved it. Then we tried the middle firm one and it was ok but it kind of felt like a trampoline. We thought about it for a while... going back and forth to each one. We decided on the more expensive firmest one and LOVE it! We were gonna go with a queen because I had a full but decided the KING is just way better!!
Well they delivered it last night for us which was totally awesome! We slept on it and it was great. My back is a little sore bu I cant complain... in the last two weeks we have slept on like 5 different beds. It will take a little getting used to but I am willing to do that because this bed is heaven! I love that I can stretch out... sleep with the dog and cat and hubby and STILL have room, and cuddle up to hubby when I want. I cant wait to go to sleep again tonight. But the funny thing is... we only get this bed for a week then it is more hotel beds for about 7 days. Then another hotel bed for as long as it takes to find a place to live in Virginia. But this one week with the new bed is totally worth it!
enjoy the new mattress while you can! lol. hopefully some of your hotel beds arent to bad.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the mattress! Enjoy!
ReplyDeleteOh... By the way... Some base housing is too small for King beds! At least, that's how it was at our first 2 duty stations. The housing office "recommended" that if anyone was moving in with a king bed that they either downsize to a queen (yeah right!) or get the split box spring because otherwise the boxspring wouldn't be able to make it into the house!
Just FYI....for future reference!
Thanks guys!
ReplyDeleteStefanie- We are not going to be living in base housing for this first duty station. But we did buy the two 1/2 king boxsprings. Thank you though for that info because im sure at one point we will live on base somewhere down the road.