Wednesday, May 5, 2010

This goodbye isnt for as long as I thought!

Ok so the hubster graduates from tech school May 20th and was supposed to have a DGS training or something like that which last three weeks. Well we have been waiting for the date of this extra training which was either gonna start june 4th or sometime in july. The june class was full so we were just waiting to find out when the july class started.

GREAT NEWS!! Last night he was told that the training will probably be waived because he will have nothing to do other than casuals or whatever its called for more than a month and they are paying him too much money to do that. Well I was so excited when he told me this last night that I almost came on here to post about it but decided to wait for the confirmation. It was confirmed this morning that he no longer has to do the training and I get to see him in SIXTEEN DAYS!! I though the next time I was gonna see him was the end of july! I am so happy right now. I will be flying out (on the dreaded American Airlines again) May 21st... yes the day after his graduation because he doesnt know what time the ceremony is. Then he gets to spend all weekend with me in the hotel. He wants to stay through the weekend to throw a grad party for his class (he is so cute). Then monday we will head back home in his car! Take a little mini road trip. I cant wait! So it looks like we will be moving sooner rather than later! Now we gotta find a place to live! Ahh I cant stop smiling!


Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Getting news like that is the best thing ever!

    ♥ Mrs. S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I am in such a fantastic mood! I cant help it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww that's some amazing news! I love news like that!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY! So, are you going to live on base or off? When does he need to report in?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know it is soooo exciting!

    We will be living off base bc the waiting list is like 18 months! He is getting his orders printed out friday so we will find out then for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoo hoo!!!

    Just FYI - housing wait lists aren't always accurate when you call to ask or check their website. My suggestion, if you want to live on base (or think you might want to live on base), is to get put on the waiting list when you get the orders in hand. Then, when you get there, you can ask where you are on the list and approx. how long the wait will be. It might be vastly different. Especially since you are going to get there right at the beginning/middle of PCS season.

    At our first duty station, we were told a 3 month wait on the wait list before we arrived. When we got there, we were told that the wait was up to 1 year, so we went in search of a place off base. Well, a couple of days later, we found a place, signed the lease and gave a security deposit, got back to our TLF "room" and got a call from the housing office a little later that there was a house available for us. When we explained what happened, they apologized and said that they don't know why we were told 1 year. We weren't the only incoming family they did that too, either. So, now, I'm very leery of what they tell me unless I'm actually there at the base! :) Oh, BTW, they kept us on the wait list at one of the "frozen" spots at the top of the list, and when our lease was coming up, I called them and asked if there was anything for us. There was and we were able to move right in once our lease was up. So, we were able to live on base after all! And, at that time, I enjoyed it so much better than living off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a good idea! I should tell the hubster. But he says he doesnt want to live on base I guess. (even though the base housing isnt even ON base!) But I am glad you guys still got to live on base after that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You get to turn down a house twice before they take you off of the waiting list, unless they changed the rules! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is good news! I was wondering if you could turn down the houses!

    ReplyDelete