Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ladies I need your help!

I have been on the Depo shot for about a year and a half now and was reading about it today. I realized today that it makes me crazy! I have always been an emotional person but I think the shot makes it 10x worse. I cry over everything now. I also have gained weight since I have been on it. Totally sucks! I have horrible headaches pretty much everyday and even got a cat scan that came back fine. Well I read today that this birth control not only can make all of these happen but it is one of the top three birth controls to make acne problems worse! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?! I have tried everything for acne and nothing works and my gyno told me that the shot WOULD help! UGH that makes me so mad!

I was wondering if any of you ladies take birth control, what kind, and if you have had or have any problems with it, or if you just love it!!


Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I'm on ortho-low...but I also think it makes me CRAZY. I feel like I'm always cranky, and things that never used to bother me get to me like craaaazy! And now that you mention the headaches, I wonder if my headaches are caused by the birth control?! Ah, it seems like an endless cycle!! GOOD LUCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried easily 15 different pill forms, the patch, the Nuva Ring but stopped at the Depo shot. I heard HORRIBLE things about it so I refused. I also know if you take too many different kinds and certain types, it messes with fertility chances in the future. Tell your doctor everything and they should be able to help!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pill did wonders for my acne, but it messed me up otherwise and I got pregnant on it. We don't plan on having anymore kids (thats what DH says, I'm trying to change his mine), so I got a Mirena IUD after my last was born. I've had it in for a little over a year. I bled for about a month after I got it, but now I don't even have a period. It's AWESOME!!! They say you can take it out and start trying right away when you want to have kids. It last for 5 years though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I took BC i took yazmin and that did wonders for my skin and it didn't make me gain weight or be all emotional crazy. it also helps with that time of the month to. :) I'd really recommend it cause all the other BC didn't work for me when it came to my skin. hope you find something that works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh I am so confused! But thank you ladies for your advice and input! I really needed it! Im going crazy here trying to figure this out bc I really want to stay on birth control.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been on every type of birth control you can imagine and I personally would go with the IUD (but beware if you haven't had kids yet because getting it inserted pre-childbirth is not a wise choice) and the Nuvaring makes me INSANE with emotions. I would go with the pill to help acne and control periods. I couldn't stand the patch since it came off everytime I took a shower or went in the pool. I hope this helps! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been on almost everything out there. I got pregnant while on the pill, because I'm horrible at taking it at the right time every day. I was on the shot after that, but hated how I gained weight and it toyed with my emotions. I then tried the patch, and that worked great, except that after a few months, I was developing a rash that was really, really itchy where ever it was on my body. I then went to the ring, and that worked well. I'm just lazy and didn't want to have to keep putting it in. Now I'm on the Mirena IUD and LOVE IT!!! I haven't been happier with anything! Just put it in and not worry about it. The first couple of months I had it I did cramp a lot and my periods got lighter, but a bit irregular. But, that only lasted about 3 months! Now, no periods, no cramping, nothing! I can't feel it or anything!

    Good luck figuring out what to do, though! There are just so many choices nowadays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAZ love it love it love it, seriouslt i have 0 complaints, face is clear, sex drive is still there, and no baby. ( one day though!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys! I think Im gonna go with Yaz! My sister loves it and has had no complaints. My gyno said she wants to do some skin tests on my face to see what will help but Im hoping its Yaz because I pretty much made up my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope it does work for you! Acne it the pits! I thought it would go away as an adult, shows what I know.

    I sent you a blog award!

    http://ramblingsofamarinewife.blogspot.com/2010/05/yea-blog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Acne totally sucks! I cant wait to see if this will fix it!

    ReplyDelete