Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I hate cars!

I am so incredibly mad right now. I bought a car back in 07 and apparently never got the title for it (I paid cash for it)... now I am trying to get rid of it and cant because I dont have the title. I know I know... you are probably thinking Im dumb bc I never got the title... but in my defense it was the first car I bought and didnt know what i was supposed to do. Well I called the dmv in ca and they told me to get the title from the tx dmv (bc I moved there for a little while) and they said I never xfered the title to them and to call back to the ca dmv. I called the ca dmv again and this lady was much more helpful... but not helpful enough. She gave me the investigation unit number for the dmv because she said I needed to file a complaint about the dealership I bought it from because they should have given/xfered the title to me. I called the investigation unit and they guy was so rude... but in short... I have to file a complaint... mail it in and then see what happens from there. This is all fine and dandy if I were to be living here still in 2 weeks but I wont be... ill be in freakin virginia. I dont know how this is going to work and my mom and my gpa are so calm about it and say that we can get it fixed... through the mail and everything but I am soo pissed right now. I could scream! I am so tempted to take it to an auto junkyard and sell it to them for $475 and be done with it. I even called them and asked if I needed a title for it and I dont... just the registration with my name and no lienholder. I am so frustrated! Sorry for the vent!


Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I hate moments like that, and getting the run around. Look- tell me if you have any advice for OUR deliema, my FIL has the title to my husbands truck, its in his(FIL) name and everything, soooooo how do we sel lit? we no longer talk to me inlaws due to past drama. HELP

    ReplyDelete
  2. You cant with out the title do you FIL has to xfer the title to your hubbys name. You might just have to suck it up and talk to the inlaws... you CANNOT sell it without the title... its actually illegal... that is why I have to call an investigator in my situation. Goodluck girl and I hope you guys figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry that happened! I hope that it can get resolved by the time you leave! Mr. M had a run around like this yesterday when his flight got cancelled. I hope you can sell the car really soon!

    ReplyDelete