Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Swiffer Wet Mop

TOTALLY sucks!! It is not worth the 30 dollars I spent on it! Now I have to go out and buy a new REAL mop and mop my floors again.

What kind of cleaning stuff do you mop your floors with anyway?

9 comments:

  1. Oh that's a bummer it didn't work out for you. :( I adore Swiffer, and the wet mop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm surprised you hated it! I used to have one, but I lost it in our move...along with other things. But that's besides the point. There is another mop, and I forget who makes it, but it's kind of like Swiffer but you can use any kind of cleaner. I might try that one out once I figure out who makes it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never bought the "wet jet" one, but I have bought the wet Swiffer cloths that are attached to the same piece as the dry cloths (if that makes any sense?). I've always loved Swiffer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really thought I would like it too! I am kind of sad because I like the way the cleaning liquid smells! I dunno maybe I will try it again and see if it works any better! I still have one cloth left that came with the starter kit so we shall see! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have it too from a few years back (they've since revamped it) and I've never liked it. We also have the Swiffer wet mop (with the pre-moistened cloths). I'm not sure what kind of flooring y'all have, but we have what I call cafeteria floors! It's the white tile with gray and brown specks in it. I use a Shark Steam Mop when I'm feeling ambitious, but on other occasions I use an 11-ish dollar microfiber mop from Target and a spray bottle of hot water. It cleans REALLY well! We also just noticed that if we keep up with putting a coat of that Pledge floor shine stuff on, the Swiffer wet works a million times better the next time you go to mop. We use 1 cloth where we used to use 3!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved my Swiffer wet jet when we were in the states. I don't think it will work will on the floors in housing though. I hate to have to drag a mop and bucket out though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the swiffer wet mop! It's great for my little apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My MIL uses a steam mop!! THE most amazing invention ever created. She is clean freak especially the floors and she loves this thing. I think she told me once that swiffer makes one, but you hook it up and let it warm up and then just go to town. I have used it once while there and lets just say its now on my christmas wish list (yes I still have one).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I lived with my cousin for a while, and she had one of those wet jet things, and i HATED it too!! they dont clean the floors at all!!! yeah, the cleaner smells GREAT, but it does NOTHING to the floors! BOO! I use good old fashioned hot water and bleach with a rag mop!

    ReplyDelete