Ok so what the heck what I doing up at 5:45 this morning? I have no clue. I slept like absolute crap last night, tossed and turned and tossed and turned all night. I probably got around a full 3 hours of sleep. When hubs got up this morning to go to work I decided I might as well get up too instead of trying to fall back to sleep. Normally I sleep till around 11... I know I know... that is crazy and all you other super moms and super wives wake up early and make breakfast for your hubs and see them out the door on their way to work but I do not work like that. I like my sleep! I used to wake up around 8:30 every morning on my own. But then we started going to bed later and later and now I dont get up until 11:00. Ahh but it honestly felt really good to get up at 5:45 this morning. I feel good right now. I am not groggy or tired. So I may just have to start waking up earlier now. Maybe I can be SUPER wifey too! :)
I have already had 3 cups of coffee and am on to my 4th! Today is laundry day so I should get that started. I need to figure out what I am planning on doing for dinner. Oh that is something I wanted to ask you all lovelies... Do you just plan dinner or do you get input from the hubs? I have the HARDEST time trying to figure things out for dinner... partly because he is picky and partly because I am picky and partly because I dont know how to make a lot of stuff and partly because I only like to cook things that are easy.
I attempted meatloaf last night... the result was FAILURE!! It looked gross and didnt taste good. I asked my mom how to make it and she told me the ingredients... but my mom is the type of person who doesnt measure ingredients. So I had NO clue what I was doing and just put a blob of this and a dash of that and a pinch here and a handful there. Well that did not turn out good AT ALL!! So I dont know if I will be making meatloaf anymore.
I am not a fan of cooking and I hate spending all evening in the kitchen, so I like easy dinners too...but I also want to make sure we are eating somewhat healthy. My husband will pretty much eat anything I put in front of him so that part is easy. I LOVE my Crock Pot and use that often. I also go to allrecipes.com to find new ideas and easy recipes :)
ReplyDeleteI am using my crock pot this wednesday because hubs has a football game and who wants to cook when they get home late? I dont! We are trying to eat healthier too and I think that is also a huge factor in why I cant come up with ideas. I have been trying to find recipes online but my hubs is just too picky sometimes! :)
ReplyDeleteI haven't gotten up that in early in forever! I usually get up with the husband around 6:30 or right after he leaves for work which is around 7. I use www.skinnytaste.com for recipes. They're weight watcher recipes, but they're healthy and my husband really likes them! I also use www.thepioneerwoman.com. Her stuff is great and I look at her stuff all the time!
ReplyDeleteI have to measure everything the first time I make something, but after that, I just throw everything in.
I will check out that website for sure. I follow The Pioneer Womens blog. She cracks me up!
ReplyDeleteI always make a two week menu and we usually agree on what meals to make. It saves uber money while grocery shopping.
ReplyDelete