So I attempted to be Rachel Ray tonight. I made some yummy chicken strips!
They turned out pretty darn good if I do say so myself.
The hubby like them too!
They were yummy and crispy!
My next Rachel Ray attempt was Sugar cookies.
They didn't turn out very good.
Well, they taste good, but they are spongy.
They were more sponge cakes than sugar cookies.
I followed the recipe to a "T" and they just didn't turn out right.
(what does this saying mean anyway? "followed it to a T")
This is the aftermath of my cooking and baking.
Anyone know how to make them not spongy?
Those chicken strips look yummy! I can never get cookies to turn out right in our oven. I haven't quite figured out our oven and how to adjust recipes. Could that be it?
ReplyDeleteMy kitchen is always a wreck after cooking! I wish I could clean as I go, but I just don't. Ha!
For the cookies:
ReplyDeleteThere are two types of sugar cookies - one kind is spongy and the other is the thin and crispy kind. My family always made the spongy ones that are more cake-like. Both foods look great!