Well my life is quite boring at the moment. I quit my job back in February and have been a "stay-at-home-wife" ever since then. My hobbies include reading, HGTV, Lifetime (of course), attending my brothers high school baseball games, and now photography. I'm not saying my boring life isn't fun because I love it. I just wish there was more going on. I read all these other blogs about what people say to them (usually about military), what weird things people see, and their kids (I don't have any, so I cant talk about that). Sometimes I just wish crazy, weird things happened in my daily life... but my dog and 4 cats don't talk too much. Plus, they just sleep all day. I love reading peoples blogs and realizing that I am not the only person going through this! It really helps my sanity. But, I am going to start going crazy with photography and learning as much as I can about it. I found an AWESOME blog today about photography and she helped me so much! It is http://americanmum.blogspot.com/ for anyone else out there interested in beginners photography.
My next obsession is with my blog. I am trying to figure out different layouts and such. I cannot figure it out and it is making me crazy. I have visited a couple of blog layout sites and that is how I got mine to look the way it does... but I want something different... something more. I have nothing but time to figure that out too.
Well for my 4 followers out there... Thanks for reading and if you have any info or advice I'd really appreciate it!
Hey! I'm in the same boat as you! A stay at home AF wife who loves photography! We're getting ready for a PCS to the UK and are very excited about it! We knew each other about 100 days before we got married and this Sept marks our fifth year of marriage. His assignment overseas will be our third base together. We didn't think we'd be moving so soon and we ended up buying a house when we moved here two years ago my advice is rent and don't buy a house unless you end up at Minot or some other base where you are usually there forever before moving!
ReplyDeleteWell thank you (whoever you are haha)! That is good advice bc we have been talking about buying a house. Yeah we only dated about 100 days before we got married too. (I did work with him before we dated though). Do you have a blog?
ReplyDeleteI'm a SAHM/AF wife, too. I don't blog, mainly because, even though I have children, I view my life as pretty mundane and boring! LOL!
ReplyDeleteAnd, as far as living arrangements, depending on where you get stationed, you may just want to live on base, too.
Well you should start a blog even if your life is boring. Its nice way to relax and get things of your chest or mind and maybe even an escape from your real world. I have considered living on base but my hubster says he wants to be able to "get away"! I dont know yet what we will do! :/
ReplyDeleteI got laid off in November. I have never been a SAHM, but I kinda like it now!! I thought I would go crazy, but I'm managing to keep busy. I've started finding little hobbies and things to keep busy (and I started my blog, that is hours of busy nothingness right there).
ReplyDeleteI have never lived on base, we have always lived off. There are many places I would never buy a house, it just depends on the area, the local economy, and prices.
I dont mind staying at home either! My blog and milspouse take up a lot of my time during the day too! There are a lot of places I wouldnt buy a house either! I think about the future and re-sale value!
ReplyDeleteWhen it comes down to buying a house, don't forget to include how long you are really going to be at a duty location. If you are only going to be somewhere for 2-4 years, then it comes down to value, and if you can sell it and actually make a profit on it.
ReplyDeleteAlso, living on base isn't that bad. Yes, you are still on base, but home and work are still separate and different. There are a lot of pros and cons to living on base, but again, it really does depend on the local area.
Yeah I agree with everything you said Stefanie. We are just waiting on our base assignment now. Ugh hopefully we find out sooooon!!
ReplyDeleteΙ need tо to thаnk you for
ReplyDeletethіs wonderful reаd!! I dеfinitely loѵed every little bit of
it. I've got you book-marked to check out new things you post…
My web blog - ephedrine hydrochloride
This is a tоpic that's close to my heart... Many thanks! Exactly where are your contact details though?
ReplyDeleteMy page ephedrine hcl side effects
This is a topic that's close to my heart... Many thanks! Exactly where are your contact details though?
ReplyDeleteAlso visit my homepage :: ephedrine hcl side effects
My website :: homeinstruct.ru