Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Tooth Fairy

For those of you who have dental insurance, all I have to say is... USE IT!! Before I met my husband and before I was working where I was offered dental insurance my mom was working somewhere that didn't offer it either. My step-dad switched jobs and they didn't offer dental insurance either. So, I didn't have dental insurance for about 2 maybe 2 1/12 years. Now I regret it. I got my own dental insurance when I started working for my last company (who I no longer work for). Well, I went to the dentist last year around October for a check up. It was BAAAAADDDD news! I had about 6 cavities and one of them was bound to be a root canal. BTW, I had already had a root canal about 3 years before and they totally suck! Not only did I have a bunch of cavities but they said I might have to do the deep cleaning, which I hear is painful, unless I start flossing everyday! Well, I went home and flossed everyday... for about a week. Then flossing went back to normal... only when there was soemthing stuck in between my teeth.

I literally lived at the dentist for a couple months. It sucked... its painful and torturous. Well, after about 6 months of that crap my teeth are all fixed... sorta. They are all filled and root canaled but they are not the same. They don't work like they used to, my mouth is more sensative than it used to be, my teeth feel different, I can't chew certain stuff or bite down on hard candy, chips are even hard to eat. You have to be so much more careful with fillings and crowns. And the most upsetting part about it all is that I brush my teeth everyday and this crap still happened. Im not gonna lie, I did not floss everyday but I suggest that you start... RIGHT NOW!! Everyday, twice a day. I think I spent so much money at the dentist I could have bought a new car, which I need very badly! So just take care of your teeth because they are the only set you get! Unless you want fillings and crowns which are no where close to the same as real teeth! I feel like I should just eat baby food! Ugh... it is so depressing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment