Well we have not got any dates yet bc after the hubster graduates from Tech school he has 3 extra weeks of training. So I can guesstimate a time for our PCS... which is about 10-12 weeks away probably. But here is my issue: Im not stressed yet. I feel like I should be doing stuff to get ready, but dont know what to do exactly. I printed out these awesome check off list for PCSing that tell you what to do at 12,8,4,3,2,1 weeks prior to moving. But what i was reading... I really cant do any of it. We need to get POA but I cant do that with out him... and he is no where near me! It says to get important papers together and ready... but all my important papers are already filed away in my filing box. I just feel like I should be doing something but I dont know what to do. He doesnt even have his real orders yet bc he has to put me on them and also wait for his training date. Ugh... if anyone has any advice on this let me know. So until then... I will continue to watch my HGTV and Lifetime and blog!
Oh and Happy Birthday to ME!! :)
Basically, all you really need to do to get ready is clear out the things that won't be making the move with you. Either have a yard sale or donate anything that's not garbage. Oh, and anything that you don't want the movers to take for fear of damage, then pack those things up and get them ready to put in your car. Other than that, the movers will do it all for you, so there's not much else to do. Without hard copy orders, there's not much for you to do, anyway. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd, your husband can get the POA's without you at the legal office and either mail or fax them to you for your use.
Yeah I do need to start packing up my clothes and stuff. I did not know he could get the POA without me! That is good news! I am gonna let him know that!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! yeah girl i looked for your post on the milspouse site cuz i know like last week you posted something similar. so i TRIED talking to him about it and all it did ws get us in a fight, now we arent talking. great. FML
ReplyDeleteThank you! Aww I am sorry that talking didnt work. Just let some time pass and hopefully it will be fine! :)
ReplyDeletehappy(probally belated as i am always late) birthday! hope it was a great day for you!
ReplyDelete