Well after working together for a couple months we started chatting on facebook after work. We got to know each other on a more personal level. He was also one person I could always talk to at work. Well when he figured out what day he would be going to BMT he gave the manager his two weeks notice. On his last day at work (Sept 6, 2009) we went out that night for the first time. I went to his apartment to watch a movie before we went out with everyone from work for his going away party. We were inseperable from the first day untill he went back home to CO to visit his family (I think it was around Sept 25, 2009 untill Oct 5, 2009). The day he left to go back home was the day he told me he loved me! <3 He said "I never thought I would have fallen in love with someone bfore I was leaving for the Air Force but I did. I love you Tiffany!" I just couldn't stop smiling, he probably got scared because I didn't talk for a couple seconds. Then, I grabbed him, hugged him, and told him I loved him too. It was bitter sweet because I knew that I had fallen in love for the first time but the love of my life was leaving me for about a week and a half!
No one from work knew we were dating that night. No one knew until he sent me flowers to work when he went back home. Everyone at work was so suprised and thought it was just soo cute! After he visited his family he came back home and stayed at my house for a couple of days before he had to leave for BMT (Oct 12, 2009). We had a great couple days and felt like a real couple. Here is the first picture we ever took:

Then I had to drop him off at his recruiters office so he could go to BMT. I gave him a letter that I wrote while he was back home and told him not to read it until he was away from me. I tried not to cry when we hugged goodbye but I couldn't help it. I had sunglasses on so I don't think he realized. I balled my eyes out on the way home though!
While he was in BMT, I wrote him a letter a day and sometimes two a day. I waited for his calls every weekend. Sometimes he called while I was at work and sometimes he called while I was in class. I tried so hard to talk to him whenever I could! I went to his BMT graduation and met his family. I actually shared a room with his grandma! She was so funny though so it wasn't bad. We had a great weekend and that weekend confirmed my thoughts about marrying him. He told his family that weekend that we planned to get married. They were so happy for us.
When he came home from BMT I picked him up from the airport (Dec 19, 2009). It was a quick reunion outside of the airport. We hopped in the car and went to go get his favorite food... Wendy's. We stopped at work so everyone could see him and my new engagement ring. Then we went home and relaxed. Then on Sunday we went shopping and hung out at home. Monday (Dec 21, 2009) we got MARRIED! Here is a picture of our kiss:

We didn't get to do a honeymoon because I was still working at the time and didn't get any time off. We spent christmas together and it was so nice. We woke up and opened presents and lounged around all day until my family came over. Then we had dinner and played the dice game for presents and everyone got to meet my new husband! Everyone loved him and my grandpa talked Air Force with him all night. Then we spent New Years Eve together and went to a friends house. After that, we came home and played some poker. Then on New Years Day I had to take him to the dreaded airport and drop him off for Tech school... 11 days after we got married.
He has been in Tech school since Jan 1, 2010 and the only time I have seen him since is the weekend of Valentines day. It was so nice to see him that weekend but I was sick and had the worst tooth ache the whole weekend. We still enjoyed eachother and sleeping in until 4 pm. Now I get to see him again in TEN days! I am so excited! And now we will be moving to Langley AFB this summer to start our lives together... Finally!! I cant wait to actually be living with him. I cant wait to go to sleep in his arms every night. I cant wait to wake up and see his face every day. I cant wait to hold his hand. I cant wait to kiss him whenever I want. I cant wait to be a family.
Well thanks for reading the story of our life so far! Its been great so far and it will only get better and better!
He was a banker? So, does he have a 4 year degree? Because, if so, he could have joined the AF as an officer.
ReplyDeleteThat's such a cute story, though! I met my husband at work, too! LOL!
He was a banker but he didnt have a degree. He had some college but not a degree. Thanks! I love our little love story... it's short but its powerful!
ReplyDeleteVery cute and sweet!!
ReplyDeleteWhat's the dice game for opening Christmas presents? :D
Its kind of life white elephant. Everyone brings like 2 or 3 little gifts. We form a circle, put the gifts in the middle and have 2 or 3 pie tins with 2 dice. You get to roll once and if you get doubles you get to pick a gift... if not pass it on. When all the gifts are out of the center you can start stealing from other people if you gets doubles. It is super fun and gets everyone laughing!
ReplyDelete