Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Our Fallen Soldiers
I just had the honor of escorting one of our fallen soldiers home from war. I can't explain how that makes me feel. I cried for the beginnings of the flight. Everyone started clapping when the pilot announced that we were carrying a fallen soldier. I was so happy to hear every one's support for him. This made me think about a lot. I am so proud of all of our soldiers who serve this country. I am so proud of my husband and all the he has accomplished and all that he will accomplish. My heart goes out to all the families of our fallen soldiers and our wounded soldiers. I am a tiny part of a huge Military family and my heart breaks everytime I see or hear about a soldier who fought and died for us and our country. I have always respected anyone in the military, but this just makes me respect them sooo much more... on a different level! I wish I had gotten his name... I just know he was Lance Corporal (insert name here). I also wish I had gotten the man who was escorting him home too. We also got to watch Lance Corporal... exit the plane onto a carrier with the American flag. It was such an emotional experience! I cried then too. I just want to give a big thanks to all of our men and women who have served our country and the ones who are serving our country! So... THANK YOU!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow. How do you get involved with something like that?
ReplyDeleteActually I didnt mean to. I flew out to see my husband today and the first flight I was on was the one bringing back the marine. It was such and honor!
ReplyDeleteI thought they brought them back on special planes. I never really thought about it. It's very sad how many people we are losing. I have a friend from high school who joined the Army, he got married, had a baby boy who wasn't quite a year when he was one of the American Soldiers killed in Pakistan at the opening of the new girls' school in Feb. His wife is also pregnant with their second, a girl, due in July. I couldn't even imagine being in her shoes. Tragic.
ReplyDeleteI thought they were brought back on Military planes too. It is crazy... everytime I turn on the news I see a Military funeral or a soldier going back home. :'( I cry everytime! That is so sad for your friend and for his wife. I couldn't imagine that either!
ReplyDeleteTaking Chance is a movie about escorting a soldier on a regular flight, it was such a touching story about people's support and respect for a fallen soldier.
ReplyDeleteI am right there with you. Before the Mr. enlisted I was full of love and support and appreciation. It always tore at my heart when I heard of another soldier falling and another family being left in ruins from the loss. Since he enlisted, it has amped it up a thousand times. I get teary eyed at the flag, and seeing pictures from Iraq, from hearing stories, from seeing him in uniform. Being a part of the Military family is such a hugs honor and blessing. Like I said, I'm right there with you!
ReplyDelete♥ Mrs. S.
I saw Taking Chance and it was such a god movie... cried the whole time!
ReplyDeleteYEah I cry or tear up anytime I hear the National Anthem or see a flag, or see men or women in uniform, or anything that has to do with the military!