Monday, March 28, 2011

Veganish?

Oh man I am just waking up at 1 pm! I have been sleeping late and waking up late this whole week and maybe even the week before. I don’t like it! I liked when I woke up 7:30 or 8:00 am. I felt like I had the whole day ahead of me to do everything I needed too. My eating was on track. I accomplished things through out the day. But waking up at 1:00 pm I feel like so much of the day is already gone. I need to get back on track… maybe I will take a Tylenol pm tonight so I can fall asleep early enough! If I don’t take something to help me fall asleep I will stare at the ceiling all night. And then I would probably just wake up angry.

Has anyone seen the episodes on Oprah and Ellen where they have a guest named Kathy Freston? She wrote the book called the Veganist. Well I watched both episodes and it got me to thinking. Maybe veganism is not too bad after all. She inspired me to go out and try some vegan food products last night. I bought the Morning Star meatless hamburger patties and sausage patties. They were both very good. I made the mistake of making them in the microwave… I will definitely make them on the stove next time. But still… they were good! I got my proteins in and I wasn’t eating an innocent animal. I may buy the book one day so I can read and learn a lot more about it. In the shows she referred to people that just eat certain vegan items as veganish… maybe I will be veganish. I really don’t have a problem cutting animal products out of my life… well except cheese… that would be super tough. But they do have vegan cheese out there!

Are any of you vegan, vegetarian, or veganish? What are some ideas that may help me if I decide to become veganish?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure I could be a vegan. I think it would be easy to be vegetarian since I really don't eat much meat. But when it comes to cooking, it would be hard for Dylan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't eat much meat, while my husband has been gone I've been eating even less. I do eat morning star products a lot as well. When I was craving meat I would eat something like that. I don't think I could ever cut it out entirely because of my husband, I eat way too much dairy AND it's hard when and if you ever decide to go out for dinner.

    ReplyDelete