Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cankles?! Oh My!

Today was so beautiful outside. The sun was shining, the birds were chirping, and there was a light breeze. My husband and I went for a walk so I can get in at least 17 minutes of exercise (I weigh in tomorrow by the way). We were doing so good, my calf/shin muscles weren’t burning and I felt really good. My husband wanted me to run with him a little part of the way but I told him no because I wasn’t wearing my ankle brace. I told him I should have been wearing it even though we were just walking but I never do anymore and BAM I rolled my bad ankle off the walking path into a hole in the grass and heard a big POP.

I fell to the ground and started bawling my eyes out and he was laughing. At first he didn’t know what I was doing so he was laughing but then he heard me crying and realized that I was hurt. So after I cried a little more and rolled around on the ground he ran and got our car so he could drive me back to our apartment. Then I had the task of hopping up the stairs… no easy feat I tell ya! After we got into the apartment I sprawled out on the couch and elevated my ankle and got some frozen peaches and put them on my ankle to help the swelling.

I was feeling good until I got up to go to the bathroom. Then it hurt really bad and I couldn’t put any pressure on it and had to once again hop to the bathroom. So then we went to the ER. After about 3 hours we found out it was sprained and I got some crutches and an ace bandage. Then we were on our merry way.

I am kind of bummed because I really hope this doesn’t affect my weigh in tomorrow and the rest of my diet. I am going to do some floor exercises like crunches and other stuff so I can get my 17 minutes or working out in every day. But I also couldn’t cook dinner tonight so we stopped at Mc Donald's and I got the yogurt parfait and a grilled chicken salad (and snuck 2 of the hubby’s french fries). The salad had some stuff on it that I am not supposed to eat until next week and I wasn’t supposed to eat the fruit in the parfait after 2 pm. But I think it is ok considering what happened today.

Here is a picture of my poor swollen cankle ankle.

My ankle 3-22-11

My toes (they look like sausages) and ankle are swollen and I think it is bruising a little on the right side.

Well I am off to relax and elevate the foot now! Goodnight!

0 comments:

Post a Comment