Thursday, December 16, 2010

Puppy and Kitty Paws

I was watching an animal channel of some sort today and man I just can’t do that to myself. For one, I want all the poor animals that don’t have homes. Second, I get very emotional about the poor animals who’s owners mistreat or neglect them. I read a blog the other day (can’t remember which one) and he posted a picture of this dog who was neglected. The doggies ribs and spine were protruding out of his skin and it looked so sad and painful. I believe the shelter the dog was at helped get this pup back to it’s healthy state and the dog looks so good and healthy in the “after” picture. I was balling my eyes when I was reading this. I was balling my eyes when I was watching the animal channel today too.

I have the BIGGEST soft spot for animals. I would love to volunteer or work at a shelter but I would be WAY too emotional. I would probably be wiping my tears while feeding puppies and kittens. It would be an ugly sight and I would probably be more of a bother than a help. I wish I had enough money to help out all the animals in the world!

I will leave you a couple pictures I snapped in the last couple days.

animals 002

{A little kitty paw on our couch}

Snow Day 033

{Puppy paws in the snow}

3 comments:

  1. I feel the SAME way. I have a very soft spot for animals but I did volunteer at an animal shelter and it's SO worth it. I was sad when animals I got attached to were adopted but at least they were going to a better home! You know that you are helping out animals that need it! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand how you feel! My husband told me I couldn't volunteer at an animal shelter because I would sneak animals home! Those ASPCA commercials are heartwrenching. I have to change the channel or I start to tear up.

    I love those pictures. The kitty paw on the couch is awesome!

    ReplyDelete