One year ago today I married the love of my life. We did not have a “wedding” with all the bells and whistles. We woke up got ready and drove down to the “court house” (we really drove down to the court recorders office) and said our vows in about 3.5 minutes (maybe even less). It was super quick and sweet. I messed up and said “I do” about 3 times instead of just once. After the ceremony my mom and uncle had to go back to work but my grandparents, sister, brother, Ryan, and myself went down the street for breakfast at Carrows Bakery. It was yummy. Then my sister had to go back to work and my grandparents took my brother home. Ryan and I went to the jewelry store so we could return his wedding band and order the right size. They let us barrow a bigger one for the ceremony. Then after that I think we went home. It was not the big wedding that most girls dream about. But, I am not most girls. I never did dream about a huge wedding. I am completely happy will how the day turned out. Neither one of us was stressed out and it was super quick. I couldn’t imagine our wedding day any other way. It was perfect for us. We both wore jeans and were comfortable. We may do a ceremony for our 5 year anniversary just so his side of the family can be there and see it but who knows. I am just happy that I married my best friend and the love of my life.
{I know you have seen this picture before but it’s the only wedding picture we have}
I love you Mr. Swindy! You made our first year of marriage amazing and easy. I don’t know what I would do without you!
Happy , Happy Anniversary!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! If that's how you wanted to get married, then it was perfect! Love the pictures of you guys. Too cute!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! I think a lot of us had weddings like this. Ours was perfect, cheap, and I wouldn't change a thing!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary.. I don't have many wedding pictures either! It was small, we looked cute.. and were HAPPY! :) CONGRATS.. One year and you still learn things about him ..
ReplyDeleteI would love to do it that way if I ever get married again. Big weddings are great and all, but if you have to pay for it yourself and do most of the work yourself, it's just as special and much less of a headache in the long run to do it that way!
ReplyDelete