Today Mr. Swindy (my husband) and his squadron softball team had their first game of the season. They won! They won because the other team forfeited because they didn't have enough players. They ended up playing a scrimmage with the other team anyway just for a little extra practice. It was fun to watch. Watching them play makes me miss it! I think it would have been fun to play with them.
Mr. Swindy's team is actually pretty good. At first, I wasn't expecting much from a bunch of "intel" guys who are used to playing video games and being on the computer. But, I was pleasantly surprised. I guess one of the dudes on his team has been playing on the squadron team at this base since 2006 and he is hell bent on winning the championship this year. I am happy that they are a talented and competitive team. It makes watching them a lot more fun. But I still get the urge to pick up a bat and show them how it's really done! ;) Haha I don't think they would appreciate that though.
I know it is sad to say but when Mr. Swindy went to the first practice I was nervous. I was nervous that he may not be good at softball, or throw like a girl, or bat like a girl for that matter. I am happy to say that he is none of the above (don't worry I would have still loved him if he threw like a girl though). He throws like a guy and hits pretty darn good. He got a nice line drive up the middle today and I was very impressed. I know that may sound mean but I played softball for 14 years. I just didn't want to be able to throw better than he could. ;)
I had a lot of fun watching him play tonight. Being at the softball field feels like home to me, it brings back so many memories and good feelings. I am excited for softball season (if I am not the one playing)!
All content is ©Swindy's Stories unless otherwise specified, and may not be re-used or re-distributed in any way, for commercial use or non-commercial use, without my consent.
0 comments:
Post a Comment