Saturday, June 25, 2011

You poor thing

I never realized how much it would affect me when people asked me when we were planning to have a baby. When I went back home this past two weeks it seems like that was everyones first question when they saw me. I know it is normal for people to ask that to a newly married couple and especially when I have been married over a year now. It just kind of hurts a little when I tell them "We've been trying since July" and they give me that "oh wow... you poor thing" face.  I know... believe me... I am sad about it!

It didn't help when I went to get a reflexology massage and the lady asked me if I was pregnant (because apparently my fatness could be mistaken for being pregnant). I can't be mad at her because she is just doing her job. They have to know if their patients are pregnant so they can be careful around certain pressure points so it doesn't cause a miscarriage. I wanted to cry when she asked me that... partly because she was basically calling me fat and partly because I wish I would have been able to say "YES, yes I am pregnant!!".

I am trying my hardest to be positive and not stress about getting pregnant. But I have some bad days where I just want to be sad. Oh and go figure... I started reading a book and the main character gets pregnant and has a baby. It did not say anything about that on the back cover of the book! But it is a good book and I am going to finish it... even if I am jealous of a character in a book!

All content is ©Swindy's Stories unless otherwise specified, and may not be re-used or re-distributed in any way, for commercial use or non-commercial use, without my consent.

1 comments:

  1. We're pretty much going through the same thing. It stinks but I just try to remember that most people don't know what is okay to say and not to say.

    ReplyDelete