Thursday, September 16, 2010

Good news...

Well I finally decided I want to go back to school to finish and get my degree. I already finished 3 years! I am just trying to figure out what school I am going to go to. I was thinking about American Military University. Have any of you heard of it, about it, know someone who has been there, or been there yourself (and by "been there" I mean attended online)? I have read good and bad things about it online but who knows what is real and what is fake. I am excited to get my degree and finish school. If you have any other suggestions as to where I should go to school let me know too!

6 comments:

  1. Are you active duty? My husband attends AMU, but he is active duty AF. He loves it. He has had nothing but good experiences with them. I, as a spouse, attempted to go through them, and they did not accept me. I am going to University of Phoenix Online, and I absolutely LOVE them. Words can not express how much I enjoy working with them. My counselors/advisors are always on top of their game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is active duty... I am not. I was reading about U of P too and that is a school I am considering as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine went to AMU, and graduated, but it was really tough. Part of what made it tough was the cost. She, too, is the spouse of an AD airman. However, she did enjoy it. My husband started to take classes there, but he didn't like it. Too many disagreements with the instructors, for him. He would submit an assignment that met all of the requirements that they asked for, and then tell him that he did it all wrong. He was lucky to finish his classes with B's! He's one of those uber smart guys, too! (3.9 GPA when he got his Master's!)

    I'm currently taking classes at Regis University online. I don't know what it is about them that I like, but I definitely like them better than U of P online. Again, not sure why that is. I was also looking at Wesbter University, since they offer classes at most base education centers.

    Check out the Education Center on base, and see what advice they can give you. Also, don't forget to fill out the FAFSA, and apply for the MyCAA program (if you qualify for it).

    What's your major?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was thinking about going back to school online but I'm too nervous! I wish you luck with finding a university that works for you! I want to hear how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A couple of friends of mine were telling me about Kaplan University, and how much they loved it. So, there's another school you can check out, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your It! You've been tagged and your questions are waiting on my blog for you.:)

    ReplyDelete