Tomorrow is day 17 of the second cycle on my diet. I will weigh in again tomorrow just for my own records. Last night The hubs and I went to dinner with another couple and we tried a new place we have never been to. It's called Uno's Chicago Grill (which is very similar to BJ's back home). I was bad and had avocado egg rolls for an appetizer, a mini pizza for dinner, and bread pudding for dessert. I tried to make myself feel better and only ate 1 egg roll (which was cut in half... so two half's really), half my pizza and less that half of the bread pudding. I am not supposed to have any of this food on this cycle I am on but oh well. What can you do. I will see how it reflects on the scale tomorrow. I don't mind if I stay where I am but I hope I don't gain. I wish I had taken pictures of the food because it was great food and it was really pretty.
I am thinking about doing some yoga at the base gym but I am not sure how this will affect* my ankle. I want my ankle to heal fast and I don't know if yoga will interrupt the healing process.
*I am so confused on the word affect and effect and I really don't know if I used the right word. If you know which word I am supposed to use here please let me know because it is bothering me. :)
All content is ©Swindy's Stories unless otherwise specified, and may not be re-used or re-distributed in any way, for commercial use or non-commercial use, without my consent.
I believe you used the right one :)
ReplyDeleteI "cheated" last Sunday, and as long as you jump back on, it's okay!
I LOVE your adorable fur babies. My kitty is the queen of the house :)
Hello, I came across your blog today and I look forward to reading about you more :)
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh at the effect, affect thing because my boyfriend is ALWAYS mixing them up. You have it correct here! Its kind of hard to explain how to use them properly so I copied and pasted this from a website:
When Should You Use Affect?
Affect with an a means "to influence," as in, "The arrows affected Ardvark," or "The rain affected Amy's hairdo." Affect can also mean, roughly, "to act in a way that you don't feel," as in, "She affected an air of superiority."
When Should You Use Effect?
Effect with an e has a lot of subtle meanings as a noun, but to me the meaning "a result" seems to be at the core of all the definitions. For example, you can say, "The effect was eye-popping," or "The sound effects were amazing," or "The rain had no effect on Amy's hairdo."
hope that helps!
haha... you used affect correctly :)
ReplyDelete