Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fell off the wagon…

As you all may have noticed… I did not post a weigh in Wednesday post this week. The reason being is because I almost gave up on my “diet” this week. I have my period this week, I am having huge cravings for bad food, and I am depressed about my ankle. This week I have had a bacon cheeseburger with french fries, a hot fudge sundae with extra fudge, peanut butter topped bagels, bad carbs, good carbs, and a bunch of stuff I should not be eating right now. My period is making me a crazy hungry lady and it sucks (plus I have been using my period as an excuse to eat this stuff… which is bad because that means I still have no self control when it comes to food. This makes me sad too!).

I think I have been depressed about my ankle too. I am getting down because I can’t really work out much and I feel like if I am not working out then why should I be eating healthy? Right? Well that is wrong. I need to be eating healthy even if I can’t work out. I read so many blogs of these girls who can get up and run or work out everyday and it kind of gets me down… so then food comes to the rescue. I need to not let this bother me. I will be able to work out soon and I need to keep that in mind.

So I am back on track and plan to stay on track! I am actually going to attempt to go on a walk with my husband today because the weather is beautiful and I hope I can walk without it bothering my ankle… maybe that will get me out of my funk. Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Girl, I feel your pain! I've been having non stop cravings for the last 3 1/2 weeks, because that's how long it's lasted. I refuse to give in though! Except for ice cream. I have had a bit of ice cream. :) I get into funks, but you'll get out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, I get this way too! What I do is prepare. Right before my monthly visitor I stock up on what i call my "healthily" junk. I usually crave salty-sweet comb, so I get the 100 calorie chocolate covered pretzels. I also get the skinny cow and weight watchers ices creams. Also I stock up a sweet fruit, like berries or pears. Before I give into my “unhealthily” craving I make myself eat a piece or two of fruit. If still want the unhealthy stuff then I give in. At least I got a fruit serving down too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would like to lose a few pounds, but I am not overweight. I don't have any self control when it comes to food either. I would love to exercise everyday, but I just don't really like it. I try to at least walk most days, but the gym is something I'll never get into doing. I usually just give into a craving, cause if I eat something else, I'm just going to end up eating what I'm craving too! I'm doing my best to cut back on portion sizes and the eating out. If I eat out now, it's Subway or 1 taco from Taco Bell. I'm not losing weight, but I figure it's a start.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's all about getting up after you've fallen, brushing yourself off, and starting again. Every passing moment is another chance to turn it all around. I wish you the best, friend :)

    ReplyDelete