I really do have the best sister. She is 14 months older than I am. We have been super close our whole life. We shared a bedroom until my senior year… so until I was 17 her 18. We have been through a lot together. Our father left us when we were super young… I think I was around a year and a half. So for a while it was me, my sis, my mom, and my amazing grandparents (who were and have ALWAYS been there to help {that will be a whole other post}). Then my mom met my stepdad. Fiver years after I was born they had my baby brother.
But anyways, onto my amazing sister. So we shared a bedroom our whole life almost. We have bunk beds for a long time which was totally rad. :) Then when we got older we got our own twin beds. We fought some but not nearly as much as other sisters. We were really like best friends growing up. We are pretty tight. We can talk about everything together. However, we are complete, and when I say complete I mean COMPLETE opposites. I am 5’5ish and she is MAYBE 5’2. She barely weighs over 100 lbs and we wont even go there with my weight. I was the “evil twin” (even though we are not twins people always thought we were"). She was and still is the angel. She was the talkative butterfly and I was more shy around new people. She got good grades and school came easy for here… I was the opposite. I mean, I passed my classes but not without a lot of work and effort. I played sports (14 years softball, 2 years volleyball, and about 7 years cheerleading) and was really great at it. Sports were my natural talents and abilities. She played softball with me but was a better cheerleader. I was the tomboy and she was the girly-girly. But no matter how opposite we ALWAYS got along.
(I am tearing up just typing this). Now I am married and live all the way across the United States from her (about 2700 miles). We talk occasionally because she works full time and has her boyfriend (of 7 years) to spend time with. I wish we talked more but I always feel like I don’t have much to talk about and might be wasting her time. I wont be home for the Holidays this year which will be the very first time I have never been with my family for Christmas. I am going to miss them!
So I talked to her on thanksgiving and she was telling me about her new job. She works for some beverage company. Well she is a big wino… her Boyfriends grandparents have a vineyard. She knows I only like certain wines… and of course my FAVORITE wine is not available on this side of the country. I have looked online but shipping alone is twice the amount of one bottle of wine. Well she decided that she is going to buy me a couple bottles of my favorite and some she really likes and ship them to me for WAY cheap!! :) I can’t wait. Plus she is going to send me some old books she read and wants to pass them on to me. She’s the best!
Her and her best friend were going to come out and visit me this past Oct. but the flight tickets were WAY too expensive. But hopefully sometime soon next year I will be able to go home and see all my family. First I have to get a job and make some money to buy these tickets!
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou should look into Space-A flights. They are free for military and family members.
ReplyDeleteOh that is a great idea. I forgot about that option. HAve you taken space a before?
ReplyDeleteNo. I've had a couple of trips planned, but something happened last minute and I wasn't able to go. I've done a ton of research on it so I can use it soon. Probably early 2011 since it's a busy time right now with the holidays. :)
ReplyDelete