Friday, July 8, 2011

A week for the books

Well folks, this week is probably one of the best weeks of my life... that may be a little extreme. This week I found out I got a job! Not only did I get a job but a job where I get to wear scrubs. This week we also found out that we FINALLY got base housing! Woo Hoo!! This is seriously exciting because we have been waiting for a while. I just checked the wait list a couple days ago and it didn't look like we were going to be getting a house for a while... but our luck changed this week.

The house we were offered is a 3 bedroom 2.5 bathroom 1600 square foot house. There is a screened in back porch and a little fenced in backyard with two mature trees... I see a hammock in my future. Back to packing I go before I start my job. I would like to get most of the packing done and out of the way so I wont be even more tired and stressed during my first 2 weeks at my new job.

I seriously have the cutest husband in the world... sorry ladies. I was cleaning the bathroom today and he walks in (as I am emptying the trash can and picking up up a couple pieces of trash that fell out) and he asks if he can have a hug. I look at him with a weird face because he wanted a random hug while I was picking up trash from our bathroom. So I stand up and give him a hug... I told him I loved him and he whispered in my ear "We got a house". I looked at him with another weird face because what he said didn't register at first. Then I finally realized what he meant and hugged him again... even tighter. I think we both pretty much put moving in the back of our minds because it didn't look like it was going to happen any time soon. It was a great little surprise today.  

This week has also been pretty spectacular because of all the amazing thunderstorms. It is pouring rain right now with some thunder and I just love it. I just wish it would cool down more when it rained.

I was laying in bed for about 2 hours just staring at the ceiling so hopefully with sound of the rain and thunder I will be able to fall asleep now. Goodnight! :)

All content is ©Swindy's Stories unless otherwise specified, and may not be re-used or re-distributed in any way, for commercial use or non-commercial use, without my consent.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new place! A screened in porch sounds fantastic, not to mention the hammock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the house! You do know that the AF will pay a moving company to do the packing and moving for you, right? :)

    ReplyDelete