Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bitter sweet

The hubs and I decided that it's best if we put trying to conceive on hold for now. I really like my job and I don't want anything to get in the way of that right now. I figured it I got pregnant now and 9 months later they probably wont keep my position available for me when I got off maternity leave. So, we are putting TTC on hold for now to pay off our debt and grow our savings account. I also want to get as much time as I can under my belt at work so when/if I get pregnant in the future they will want to keep me after maternity leave. I think this job/job field may be something I want to do as a career and move my way up in the company.

It is kind of bitter sweet. We both really wanted to have a baby right now. But after a year of trying with no success, I think it is time we take a break. I have been sitting at home for over a year now not working at I think it got to me. I am not susie home maker and I never will be. I wasn't depressed but I was very unmotivated to do anything. I felt like I never wanted to go anywhere and just wanted to sit around and be even more of a homebody than I normally am. Working is good for me. It gets me out of the house. I get to have actual humand/adult interaction instead of just being around my brat cats all day.

I think working will make the hubs and I appreciate the time we have together a little more. Not that we did't appreciate it before but that time will be more special now. His new schedule is crazy and stupid. Also, he will be able to get out all of his xbox playing and sci-fi movie watching while I am work (a big plus for me!). We never got to take our honeymoon and have never been on vacation together. We definitely want to do that before we get pregnant or have children. We need to have those memories together with just the two of us.

So here's to to the next year and to new adventures with the love of my life! <3

All content is ©Swindy's Stories unless otherwise specified, and may not be re-used or re-distributed in any way, for commercial use or non-commercial use, without my consent.

1 comments:

  1. Just a little FYI from a Human Resources person, legally speaking they cannot not give you your job back once you return from maternity leave. Granted there is a loophole, that if you take longer than the allowed amount of time, then giving your job up is fair game. Or they can give your job up but they have to provide you with the same "type" of job once you return. There are laws put into place to protect women during pregnancy at their jobs.

    ReplyDelete