Ok so I keep reading blog posts about a fellow milspouse who said she wasnt going to follow OPSEC... It seems like it was a huge deal (I didnt read it and have no clue who this person is). But as a new spouse and a new person to the military... what the heck is OPSEC? I honestly have no clue and really dont want to get myself or my husband in trouble for saying something I shouldnt.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operations_security
ReplyDelete=)
Lol Yeah I read about all of that. It was crazy how big that whole situation got. But OPSEC stands for Operational Securit and if you ever see PERSEC that stands for Personal Security. OPSEC is basically a set of rules/regulations/common sense about what you should and shouldnt tell others or post anywere online about specific details that involve military action or troops. Basically, don't give out exact dates, times, locations, etc for anythng. Don't ever discuss a mission or other information in reguards to troop movement or whereabouts, especially when deployed. Basically use common sense. If you think somethig your saying could endanger your husband or someone else, dont say it. If you get caught violating OPSEC you can definately get your husband in big trouble with his job. They take this very seriously. So just be careful with what information you share :)
ReplyDeleteTalk to me if you want, I know ALL about it from Ant's classified deployment last fall (I can talk about it now that its over) and tell you what you should never talk about and what you can
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! :)
ReplyDeleteOperational Security. Mainly applies to deployments and troop movements during deployments. There was a great article/briefing that I read on it recently. I will have to find the link and pass it on.
ReplyDeleteIn today's base paper here, there was a whole article on the subject. I didn't read it (at the time I was looking for a specific article), but will definitely have to read it!
Did you get your car?
Here's a good link: http://www.heartsofourtroops.com/opsec_rules2.htm
ReplyDelete