I have been so stressed out lately. My husband and I are moving from our apartment off base to base housing and our lease is up in about 2 weeks. We applied for base housing well over 3 1/2 months ago and we still have no guaranteed housing. I sent the application in with more time than they required, gave them our move in date, the date our lease it up, sent in all the necessary paper work, and we are still not guaranteed a house. We will be living in our cars… with our three cats! I don’t know what to do. The TLF on base is being torn down so we can’t stay there. The hotels around base are sold out because of some jazz festival that just happens to be at the same time we we are moving out. I cant believe this is happening. And to top it all off I wont even be here with my husband for 2 weeks so he has to deal with this all by himself. I feel horrible! We have friends who have offered to let us stay with them but with it is going to be tough with our 3 cats. I really have no clue what we are going to do… and it is only 2 weeks away!
I am so pissed at base housing. I know they have gone out of the way for other families before and they are not even willing to try to do that for us. They told my husband on Friday that we aren’t guaranteed a house until at least July… however, they did not give us any date in July. So it could be July 1st or 31st. We don’t know. I am just happy we don’t have any children right now… But on the other hand, I bet if we did have children they would be more willing to bend over backwards for us!
UGH!! I am just going to go stress out now!
Can you have a month to month lease until you have housing. Most landlords/apt. complexes around the military bases understand that there are unforseen circumstances. Also all leases should have a military clause in them, in the event that a house opens up or you get orders to move before the lease is up. That way military can move out without penalty...
ReplyDelete