For some women, being pregnant is pure bliss. It's like rainbows and butterflies. Then, for some of us it is not all that blissful. My pregnancy has been... uncomfortable. The bloating, the constant back ache since about week 8, the morning sickness (even though I am on medication for it), and the other stuff that no one talks about. They don't talk about it for a reason... it's kind of gross.
Oh, and these hormones. People definitely talk about them and man are they fun? Like, when you wake up in the morning in a great mood, listen to some good tunes on the way to work, and just feel great. Then, you get to work and your first customer/patient is so rude and you can just barely bite your tongue long enough for them to be out of ear shot. Then, you blow up! Yeah, good times. At least before my hormones were raging I would be able to let it go... for the most part.
Lets talk about this morning sickness business. My first trimester I had morning sickness. I was constantly nauseated and didn't have much of an appetite. Then, my doctor put me on medication and it was helping (except that day when it made me SUPER dizzy and then I got sick because I was dizzy and had to go home from work). For the most part, that medication does help. Now that I am in my second trimester I was expecting this morning sickness to be done and to not have to take this medication anymore. Not.my.luck. Actually, my second trimester brought the vomiting part of morning sickness out. I have thrown up the last three days and one day last week. It's right when I wake before I can eat, take my medication, or do anything pretty much. So, I am definitely hoping this goes away soon.
Now, the stuff that no one talks about. Well, apparently your body produces more mucus when your pregnant. Like, from everywhere. I was sneezing and my nose was running even though I wasn't sick. Sometimes you feel like you peed yourself even though you know you didn't.
But other than that, I feel good. I'm finally getting some energy back. I'm still an emotional wreck, but that's not much different than before I was pregnant. The cats know I am pregnant because they wont leave me alone. They have to be right next to me all the time. We are getting super excited to finally find out what Peanut is. Just a couple more weeks :)
All content is ©Swindy's Stories unless otherwise specified, and may not be re-used or re-distributed in any way, for commercial use or non-commercial use, without my consent.
0 comments:
Post a Comment