Sunday, August 26, 2012

Things just started to click... Mentally

Wow, it has been a while since I have been to my little corner of the internet. I have been pretty busy lately. Things have been changing in my life... for the good.

I decided to start weight watchers because one day my brain just flipped a switch. I came across a pin on Pinterest and the words just smacked me in the face. Here is the picture.


After I read this picture something inside me changed. I finally realized that dragging my feet on losing weight was getting me no where. I can whine and cry about how much I love food and hate exercising, but in the end that isn't doing anything but making me depressed. I never wanted to go anywhere unless I absolutely had to (like the grocery store). The hubs and I always stayed at home because I was too depressed and ashamed to be seen in public. I actually stopped going to his softball games because I was too embarrassed. I didn't want all his work buddies to see me and feel sorry for him because he has a fat wife. I know I know, it is not healthy to think that way but I couldn't help it. So I finally decided to change things. I have way too great of a life to be depressed because I am fat. So I joined Weight Watchers. 

I actually started Weight Watchers in the beginning of July. I have been doing really well and I have been very focused on staying on track. I work in a place that has luncheons at least once a month, food delivered several times a week, people brings in treats weekly, if not more. It could definitely be distracting on my weight loss journey but I have been very good. It also helps that I work with a lady who is also doing WW. We go to the meetings together every week. It is nice to have her support at work. 

Well onto the even better stuff. It's funny, when I read that picture above I thought 15-20 lbs in 3 months was going to be so difficult. Tells ya how much I know. I have actually lost 14.8 pounds since I started this 7 weeks ago. SEVEN weeks people!! I am so proud of myself. I realized that my whole mentality has changed. One day, I saw this girl walk by at work and instead of thinking to myself "I wish I were that thin", I thought "I can't wait to be that thin". To me, that is a big deal because I finally realize that my goals are attainable because I am willing to work for them. I can finally see the light at the end of the weight loss tunnel. 


2 comments:

  1. "I can't wait to be that thin"
    You really should stop comparing yourself to others, you're the only you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for doing something good for yourself!

    ReplyDelete